Study House Aluva
From 1957 onwards there were thoughts in the MCBS about starting a Study House in the neighbourhood of St. Joseph's seminary Aluva, because the seminary authorities were insisting that seminarians from religious institutions could not be accommodated in the then available facilities. We started up the construction of the study house and its foundation stone was laid by most Rev.Mar Joseph Parekkattil on 15th August 1960. Ground floor was completed and blessed on 31th May 1961. The chapel was also blessed by Archbishop Joseph Parekkattil in 1964.Some of our philosophy and theology students were staying here and attending classes at the Pontifical seminary. And on 30th May 1961 Very Rev. Fr. CyriacKanippillil, the then superior General of MCBS, blessed the partially completed building, and it's started to function as the study house for our major seminarians. And Fr. Matthew Kanippillil was the first Rector of the MCBS study house. Rev. Fr. Joseph Paradom one of the founders of MCBS was the first spiritual director of the study house. MCBS study house, though a little far from St. Joseph seminary, has a beautiful and healthy location to live and pray.